Monument
Fužine Bridge
The existing bridge is the work of the architect Peter Gabrijelčič. The previous bridge was dilapidated and reconstructed several times, most recently in 1978. Due to frequent traffic congestions and communal needs, a new bridge was built in 1987 in dialogue with the surroundings of the castle and the power plant. The bridge enabled two-way traffic. The sidewalks and bicycle paths are separated from the carriageway by a concrete fence, in which public lighting poles are embedded. There is also a preserved chapel on the bridge. The first depiction of the wooden bridge with Fužine Castle (Kaltenbrunn) can be found in Valvasor’s The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola (1689).
Leaflet | © OpenStreetMap contributors
NEWS-OFFERS
No news available
Contact
Address
Telephone